Thursday, November 20

I recall those days ...

Right from 1st standard, I was very active nd enthusiastic about particiapting in competiotions ...When i was in fourth standard they held copetition During independence day of singing patriotic songs ...I readily gave my name when it was called for. The first assignment was To sing a patriotic song ... With active assistance of my teacher and the Panasonic two-in-one we had at our home, I practiced the song over and again. Three days before the event,Umesh sir who was in charge of the culturals decided that i will have to start the program with the song that i had to sing ....It was nervous movement nd a lot was expected from me....I could not let them down since a lot was expected of me ....I went on stage in front of 700 students nd their parents ...my hands nd legs started shivering..I stood near the mike nd the curtains were raised.I stopeed for a minute having found myself in front of all the people.Then the shilpa mam who made the annoucement introduced me to all nd i remaned still nd then she came near me indicating that she is making adjustment with mike nd kept her had on me....i regained myself..I said few lines that i had to say about "matyrs of the nation"nd ended with the song of which i still remember few lines ,here it is :-
"Nanhe munne bachey hai
Daant hamare kachhe hai
Hum bhi ladne jayenge
sheene pey goli khayege"

And i ended with a LOUD "Jai hind jai Bharath ".
(as i finished i could hear the loud clap...It was the movement of life.)
after that i never took part in such things infact i started avoiding such event...i dono why but i just kept avoiding.
I wonder how i have changed with the time...wat i was nd wat i m today.
Had a lot of fun living life on the run,
Everything was free and everything was fast
Never even thought it wouldn't last....

No comments: